If you’re planning on Medical Insurance For Visitors to Canada, or if you have friends and family visiting, you’ll want to enjoy the visit without disruptions. If health emergencies come up, you can get help covering the expenses with travel medical coverage that’s simple, affordable and easy to use so you don’t end up paying out-of-pocket. Get emergency medical care and more with CoverMe travel insurance for visitors to Canada.
Are you planning a trip to Mortgage Insurance Premium For FHA? Maybe someone special is coming to Canada to visit or you’re looking for Super Visa insurance. Either way, it should be a safe and enjoyable visit. Because unexpected illnesses or injuries can happen, make sure you’ve got travel medical insurance.
Are you visiting family or friends, taking a once-in-a-lifetime vacation or waiting for your provincial healthcare plan to take effect? Whatever your situation, you’ll want to get travel insurance coverage before arriving in Canada.
The Inpatriates to Canada plan offers the same emergency hospital and Medical Insurance For Visitors to Canada plan up to $200,000. In addition, it offers extended health benefits such as maternity coverage, vaccines, physical examinations and eye examinations. The Inpatriates to Canada plan is available through Allianz Global Assistance’s Consumer Sales Centre. Call 1-800-984-0429 for more information.
What is travel insurance for visitors to Canada?
Travel insurance is not a legal requirement for entering Canada, for most visitors. Though some travel visas require proof of medical insurance coverage, many other travelers will be permitted entry without it. Medical Insurance For Visitors to Canada should be aware that the universal health care coverage available to Canadian residents is not extended to them.
This means that visitors should seriously consider purchasing travel insurance in order to avoid expensive costs for medical care during a trip to Canada.
While visiting a walk-in clinic will cost about $2,000, emergency treatment at a hospital can be many thousands of dollars. According to data from the Canadian Institute for Health Information, the average cost of a standard hospital stay in Canada is $7,619. Travel health insurance will protect visitors from unexpected costs due to sudden illness, accidents or other health and medical emergencies, including those treated at a hospital.
At RATESDOTCA, compare health insurance quotes and purchase a policy from a Canadian insurance provider that will cover you while you’re here. Canadian insurance companies have a thorough understanding of the medical expenses you might face while in the country and can help coordinate coverage for care.
Different types of travel insurance for visitors to Canada
- Emergency medical coverage – Most travel insurance plans include it. This coverage will protect against the cost of hospital treatment for an unexpected medical event.
- Trip cancellation protection – Covers you for some, or all, of the cost of a trip that’s cancelled before the scheduled departure.
- Trip interruption – Covers you for costs such as food and accommodation if your trip is delayed or altered after you leave your home country. Some insurance companies will also include protection if your tour operator goes bankrupt while you’re on your trip.
- COVID-19 protection – Is included in many travel insurance policies now that providers consider the virus a known event.
Some policies combine different aspects of traditional travel insurance coverage with newer coverage for Medical Insurance For Visitors to Canada. For example, you can find policies that offer protection of $1-5 million coverage if you require hospital treatment for COVID-19 while abroad. The coverage will also offer trip interruption protection if you’re forced to quarantine for 10 days while visiting Canada.
Who needs travel insurance when visiting Canada?
Some travel visas require proof of medical insurance coverage. Without it, entry will be denied. The universal health care that’s available to Canadian residents is not extended to visitors.
If you fall into any of the following categories, you’ll need travel medical insurance to enter Canada:
- Tourists planning to come to Canada for up to a year
- Foreign nationals coming to stay with their family or friends for up to a year
- Recent immigrants who have moved to Canada and are awaiting coverage under a provincial health insurance plan
- Foreign nationals who will be working in Canada on a temporary basis
While many Medical Insurance For Visitors to Canada can remain in the country for no longer than six months, visitors arriving under the super visa program, such as for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents, are not subject to the same limit. They may be allowed multiple entries for up to ten years.
How much does a medical travel insurance cost for visitor to Canada?
As with all travel insurance, your policy costs depend on many factors, including your age, gender, any pre-existing medical conditions, the coverage limits you select, how long you plan to be insured for, and which provider you choose to become insured with.
On average, a 30-year-old woman with no pre-existing conditions, travelling to Canada on her own can expect to the following travel insurance costs:
- Travelling for 7 days, you can get $50,000 in coverage starting as low as $10 CAD
- Travelling for a month, you can get the same coverage for as low as $43 CAD
- Travelling for 6 months, you can get the same coverage for as low as $272 CAD
At RATESDOTCA, we show you quotes from several companies offering travel medical insurance for visitors to Canada, so you can determine which policy best suits your needs.